Both Activity Creator and ADT are designed to work with an SDK.

You could build an SDK (make sdk) to create/build your project (using
Ant or ADT).

Then, when you connect your debugger to your running application, you
can configure it to go look for the source code both in your project
folder and in the android tree (I would start by pointing it at
frameworks/base/core/java/).

This will probably require to do a manual connection with DDMS
(instead of using the launch configuration from ADT).

Xav