Hello,

In the new Cupcake release, APIs are added in the framework to
facilitate widget level haptics. The new design makes it easy to
implement haptics feedbacks consistent across applications from ISPs.
I especially liked the idea that the types of feedback are linked to
vibration patterns with an index. It is now possible to customize the
haptics patterns for use cases and hardwares.

I am wondering if it is worthwhile to use a configuration file to map
the haptics index to vibration patterns. That setup allow customizing
of the patterns without changing code.

I noticed that the timing control in the vibratePatther thread in
HardwareService.java sometimes is less than exact. Wondering if it
makes sense to move that logic into HAL or even device driver.

It appears that View.performHapticFeedback() is merely routed through
WindowManagerService, PhonePolicyManager and to Vibrator. Functional
wide it sounds equivalent to calling Vibrator.vibratorPattern()
directly in View class. Wondering if new fucntionality will be added
on in future releases and what it will be.

Thanks.

- Wen