(abd Chrome ate my post - posting again)

hi Dianne,

thanks for taking time to answer.

i got now more or less everything to work but for one problem and i
would appreciate your help:

is there some API/hook i can modify what choices of letters show when
i long press hardware key such as "A"?

where can i find documentation or what source code to look at?

On May 12, 5:47 pm, Dianne Hackborn <hack...@android.com> wrote:
> You need to change the code to use the public SDK (calling the View
> functions to get/set the scroll position etc).
i did:

  private void setDeltaScrollX(int x) {
        scrollTo(getScrollX() + x, getScrollY());
    }

    private void setScrollX(int x) {
        scrollTo(x, getScrollY());
    }

but View.scrollTo() calls invalidate() and listeners - seems very
inefficient in context of IME (used for animations? not clear from
code)

there is more than mScrollX in problems - i think i can replace new
Vibrator with even "newer" (?!)
  mVibrator = (Vibrator)getSystemService(Context.VIBRATOR_SERVICE);
but i am not sure what to do with
   InputMethodManager.getInstance(LatinIME.this).showInputMethodPicker
();
or what values are com.android.internal.R.string.inputMethod (what is
it for?)
com.android.internal.R.drawable.list_selector_background_pressed
mSelectionHighlight = context.getResources().getDrawable
(com.android.internal.R.drawable.list_selector_background_pressed);

anyway after commenting what is not available LatinIME compiles in
Eclipse with SKD 1.5_r1 and i can install in phone my IME!

HURRRA!!