Dear all:

Does anybody know if Android is going to open such an interface for
normal application to invoke RecoverySystem.rebootAndUpdate() to boot
into recovery? Currently we found this needs an OS kernel capability
CAP_SYS_BOOT, now only SystemServer process has such capability and
can do it.

By reading the code, I found FallbackCheckinService implemented an
interface called masterClear() defined in ICheckinService.Stub, which
can let normal application to invoke RecoverySystem.rebootAndWipe()
finally.

So to be more specific, does Android have any plan to extend the
ICheckinService to cover rebootAndUpdate(), or there is another
service which implemented such functionality but I don't know. Please
indicate.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Yanze