=What exactly are you trying to do here?

Examining the possibility of using ViewServer/ViewDebug as part of a test
framework -- a way to examine the phone's GUI state after user input.

= ViewServer is NOT meant to be used that often.

What is the problem with the current ViewServer/ViewDebug that might prevent
it from being used that often?  Can you point me at the problem in the
source or describe it to me?  I didn't see any warnings in the code I've
examined, either as comments or the algorithms used -- everything looked
good to me.

Can you speculate on my original question as to why ViewServer/ViewDebug is
failing?

-Sam