Guys
What do you all think of a way to process outgoing sms that is
implemented the same way as it is for calls?

I am talking about the PROCESS_OUTGOING_CALLS permission and the
broadcast that goes with it that allows you to monitor, modify, or
abort outgoing calls.

Now that it is generally cheaper to send sms and the like over the
internet or maybe you want to block sms from going to some numbers.
Currently there is no way to do that apart from writing your own sms
application which is hardly the proper solution.  There are so many
great sms clients out there and apps that send sms on their own and
someone wanting to write an app that redirects sms's over the internet
for example should not need to rewrite them all.

I know this has been raised before on different mailing lists etc but
i don't think it has been raised here on the framework one where i
think it belongs. Is there a reason why this functionality is not part
of the framework? I know there are others that would really like to
see this functionality added.  I hope there are some people on here
that may give some feedback on the idea and maybe give hints on ways
to help increase the chances of it been in a future version of
androids framework.

Regards,

Chris