I guess I still don't understand what type of control do you require
for your decoder. In the most generic case of a multimedia framework,
one would want only minimum control of a central entity, in this case
the pvPlayer engine. The player engine in this case has the
responsibility of controlling the underlying components, including the
OMX Audio decoder node.

Is it possible to expose these interfaces out, yes. But then the
application developer would have to handle 100s of APIs to enable a
single playback session. Note that there are some cases when such an
interaction is convenient. For such cases, we do provide extension
interfaces (e.g., look at authordriver.cpp for encoder extension
interfaces) but with limited capability. Again, this may change in the
future where we may provide the flexibility to the user to control
this using some APIs of the engine itself. So, in short, the control
to the underlying nodes will not be exposed.

If you want to control your decoder from the node, it must be an OMX
API implementation. What API(s) do you want to call? What is the
purpose? We can discuss options if you spell out your usecase.

-Ravi