I am creating a new Service as part of the android framework
(frameworks/base/core). I have added the following in frameworks/base/
core/res/AndroidManifest.xml
         <service android:name="com.android.server.MyService"
            android:exported="true" />

I have a wrapper class in the same package with the following
function-
class Wrapper{
..
void bindTargetToService(Activity target) {
                mServicedBindTarget = target.bindService(new Intent
(target.getApplicationContext(), MyService.class),
m_connectionTarget, Context.BIND_AUTO_CREATE);
}
}

When I create an application/activity that creates an instance of the
Wrapper and calls bindTargetToService(this), DDMS reports that
com.android.server.MyService: not found.
The PackageBrowser in SpareParts shows that MyService is part of the
package.

Is there any else that needs to be done to "register" my service?