Vinay, it appears as if that will work, however as RaviY point out you
should be extremely special you're giving OpenCore the right format of
sound and video data, of else you will get a very corrupted mp4. You
should also be careful of memory handling and speed concerns if you
want to use this for tracks longer than a few seconds.

On Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 12:46 PM, RaviY<yend...@pv.com> wrote:

> I don't know the flv codecs format well enough, but how do you propose
> converting flv to mp4? Are you just talking about changing the
> container? How about the compressed bitstream? If I read correctly,
> the codecs involved in flv and mp4 are not always the same.
>
> Now, if you are happy to play only a few such clips, then, I would
> suggest writing an flv parser by itself.
>
> -Ravi
>
> On Jun 26, 10:52 am, Vinay <vnykm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>> I want to play the flv files in Android. So what I thought is to
>> convert the flv file to mp4 or 3gp(for which there is a decoder in
>> Android). OpenCore can be used to convert. I have looked into opencore
>> code, there is a class in opencore "/android/external/opencore/
>> fileformats/mp4/composer" to create the mp4 file. It has apis like
>> AddTrack, AddSampleToTrack.. I should give the input as frames, but in
>> Flv I will get the Sorenson Video and Mp3 audio frame(after doing some
>> trivial string operations to remove the headers). Can I use these
>> directly as input to above apis or is there any good way to convert
>> flv to mp4? And also I have looked into "/android/external/opencore/
>> nodes/pvmp4ffcomposernode" but it reads from ports not able to know
>> how to send input to this class.
>>
>> Let me know your thoughts.
>>
>> With Regards
>> Vinayakumara T V