To elaborate for other folks:
- If an MIO component implements the optional
PvmiClockExtensionInterface, the multimedia framework will defer the
responsibility of time synchronization of media rendering to the MIO
component, it is called an active MIO component.
- A MIO component that takes the responsibility of decoding and
rendering by itself is called "Compressed MIO component".
- And, it is recommended that Compressed MIOs to also be "active".

Going to your question, I would have to look at your implementation to
give you more hints. But, here are a few pointers:
- The media output node port waits for a signal from the MIO component
to notify whether or not it has been configured. Look at the boolean
"oMIOComponentConfigured". This does provide a way to hold back on
Starting the clock.
- The PVMFMediaClock provides a way to specify a "latency". This is
usually the "fixed" time that a MIO would require to begin the actual
rendering of data.
- If the time is not fixed, I think the MIO would have to pause the
clock until it knows that it is ready.

-Ravi