I did, but a long time ago.....I imagine there's a way to do it without
reflashing android off it....

That being said, I can't guarantee this will fix it anyways as I didn't see
them list this problem as one that will be fixed, not that they're
particularly transparent about this in any way.

So this may not even address your issue, it's just a possibility.

But that raises another question, how do we backup our android contact list?
is there a way to do it?
'cuz I'd really rather not lose it.......again..