Like I posted earlier today, you could use vcardio (
http://andappstore.com/AndroidApplications/apps/109392 ) to import and export
contacts in vcard-format. Another way I'm pretty sure will work is to backup
/data/data/com.android.providers.contacts/databases/contacts.db. (Worked for
me, but I also copied a few other files, so no guarantees)

-Audun