[markgross <mark.gr...@intel.com>]

> We have a number of kernel patches for running android on IA targets.
> I'm not sure which branch(es) to have these pushed too.
>
> Cupcake for x86 targets is running 2.6.25, and yet there is a 2.6.27
> kernel branch in mainline as well.

Cupcake *should* be using 2.6.27 everywhere, but I'm not certain if
there's an issue with x86 on .27 -- hopefully Dima can speak to that.
The 2.6.25 branch is being kept around because it was what 1.0 was based
on, but we're using 2.6.27 (currently) for active development.

> For now lets just consider a simple patch that touches alarm.c to make
> it work for X86.
>
> how and what branches does the google android overlords want these
> type of patches pushed?

the android-2.6.27 branch in the kernel repository would be what to aim
for.  patches compatible with git am sent to this list are fine too.

Brian