Mark,

Happy new year!

> Cupcake for x86 targets is running 2.6.25, and yet there is a 2.6.27
> > kernel branch in mainline as well.

I believe what you meant to say was that the pre-builts for the EeePC 701
target came with a 2.6.25 kernel. There is no inherent requirement placed on
x86 targets.

Cupcake *should* be using 2.6.27 everywhere, but I'm not certain if
> there's an issue with x86 on .27 -- hopefully Dima can speak to that.
> The 2.6.25 branch is being kept around because it was what 1.0 was based
> on, but we're using 2.6.27 (currently) for active development.

As Brian said, cupcake indeed should be running on 2.6.27. The only reason
why the EeePC target came precompiled with a 2.6.25 kernel was because I
already had things running and didn't want to change things just prior to
release. There is nothing on x86 side that relies on the kernel being
2.6.25, so please submit all future patches against android-2.6.27.

Thanks.

--Dima