Hi Fabrizio..?

Il giorno gio, 10/12/2009 alle 08.02 -0800, Ben Linus ha scritto:
> Hi all,
> sorry for my english, i would like to compile the driver for sd/mmc
> (for emulator) as an internal module kernel and load it after the boot
> up,through insmod command, but the module sources must be present in
> the system , I don't want to put in the system after the boot.
>
> it's possibile?
> thanks

If I understand, you would to compile a your private sd/mmc driver
as a module (not build-in), place the module in the android
rootfilesystem and load it runtime with the insmod command.

In this way, the binary module do not present the source part (if
you compile the kernel without debug information).

Then it is a licence problem, you can read this for licence issues in
linux kernel modules: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loadable_kernel_module
it is informal, but in general, GPL say that derivative works must be
licensed with the same distribution licence and source code must be provided.

If your driver do not utilise kernel symbols then you are free to build it
and redistribuite it as a closed source driver.
In other case, you must use the GPL licence.

Best regards.
Alberto!