On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 11:04 AM, jm <joe.mola.p...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Has any one done any work towards building a USB driver for any of the
> National Instruments multifunction I/O devices (specifically the NI-
> USB-6251...) ?

Is this a USB device (where you plug it into a USB host), or a USB
host controller
where you are going to be running Android with it as the host controller?

> I have downloaded the Linux 2.7 DDK from NI, which provides the source
> for a generic kernel driver, but I have never rebuilt (or modified) a
> Linux kernel before.
>
> Are there pointers to any 'how-to' pages/docs available?

Have you read, "Documentation/HOWTO" in the Linux kernel source tree?
If not, I suggest starting there, that is what it was written for :)

good luck,

greg k-h