A: No.

http://daringfireball.net/2007/07/on_top

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 11:51 PM, Alok <moondra.a...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Greg
> Thanks for your response.
> Android watchdog is monitoring systemserver process and if it itself
> gets stuck because of some reasons then system doesnt restart. To
> handle these type of scenarios, I feel hw watchdog can be useful.

Yes, they can be very useful, I agree with that.  But you said
it was a "requirement", which differs from "being useful" :)

Anyway, it should be trivial to add it to the kernel build and
implement it to the watchdog userspace service as needed, especially
as it has already been done on some other Android systems as
previously noted.

good luck,

greg k-h