On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 10:49 PM, Raj Kumar <rajkumar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> ok thats great. But kernel code will go under GPL but user space code will
> not.
>
> But again question is if the kernel side driver is released under GPL, then do
>
> we need to follow coding styles like /linuxsrc/Documentation/CodingStyle?

Why do you keep telling that there is such connection between GPL and
CodingStyle?

You are free to code your way and there is nothing to do with GPL, but
you might harm the developer if your code is unreadable, no?

> regards
> Raj
>
> On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 5:28 PM, Greg KH <gre...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 8:21 AM, Raj Kumar <rajkumar...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Ok. thats great. because i was thinking if we have proprietary driver whose
>>> some parts are under GPL and some parts under proprietary license,
>>
>> Wait right there.  You can not have such a thing, that violates the
>> GPL, so it is impossible, sorry.
>>
>>> then it means GPL does not enforce any coding standards so then proprietary
>>> license company can define its code style for its driver code but not
>>> strictly as defined in /kernelsource/Documentation/CodeStyle.
>>
>> I think the coding style issues are the least of your worries here.
>>
>> Best of luck with the lawyers getting this all straightened out, you
>> need to be working with them right now to get this resolved.
>>
>> greg k-h
>>
>> --

Innovative Embedded System Engineer - Looking for Job.

Contacts:
    +62 857 8038 8298
    +62 813 9876 6576