On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 12:50:17AM -0700, Dark Knight wrote:

> I tried configuring kernel with " ARM sound devices" option. ALSA was
> able to detect the codec and initialize it. But how do I go ahead from
> here.? How can I configure ALSA to make use of my speaker.

You will have to adjust your libaudio to configure the CODEC to route
data to the speaker, or any other audio configurations for your use
cases.  alsa_amixer is built into the images by default (it's the ALSA
application normally called amixer) and can be used to adjust things
interactively at runtime - useful when generating a configuration.