Have you run your tests on the stock platform (even just the emulator) to
see if you are getting the behavior you expect there?  There are a *lot* of
potential gotchas if trying to test this behavior: running at the right
oom_adj, fuzziness in the definition of "free memory", etc.  I would suggest
validating your test first on a known working build before using it to draw
conclusions about the  behavior of your own build.

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 4:45 AM, Raja Pavan <rajain...@gmail.com> wrote:

> We are trying to test Android LowMemoryKiller Driver using a sample
> test application.
>
> /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/adj 0,1,2,7,14,15
>
> MINFREE module parameter is set from the application.
>
> echo 1536,2048,4096,5120,5632,6144 >/sys/module/lowmemorykiller/
> parameters/minfree
>
> The test application is pasted at the end of this mail. (lowmemTest.c)
>
> Expected Behavior: We have set the oom_adj of the lowmemTest.c to 13.
> It is expected to get killed when the free memory in the system (as
> seen from the putput of free() command is 5120*4*1024 = 20MB .
>
> We are printing the free memoy of the system by invoking free() inside
> the lowmemoryTest.c
>
> Observed Behavior:
> (1) But the process is not being killed at the 20MB free memory.
> (2) This process is getting killed at the free memory close to the
> min_free_kbytes (/proc/sys/vm/min_free_kbytes)
>
> Need Support on these Isssues (Any Patch to kernel)
>
> (1) Is there any patch to the linux 2.6.30 kernel (MM or some other
> subsystem) for getting the desired behavior from lowmemorykiller
> driver.
> (2) We have taken the lowmemory killer for this kernel from android
> git, will this work?
> (3) Is there any test application available to test the
> lowmemorykiller, provided by Google?
> (4) Can some provide us clue about improved debugging of this driver?
>
> Please extend help ASAP.
>
> Thanks
> Raja

Dianne Hackborn