On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 8:49 AM, jon.schell <jon.sch...@kyocera.com> wrote:
> I have read it, mostly.  It doesn't answer my specific question, or to
> put it another way, it answers too completely and genericly to be
> useful.

Well you asked a pretty generic question to answer usefully :)

> I just need a specific example in the Android code base to
> use as a template.  I understand the big concepts from the book
> already.

There are thousands of examples in the Android code base (really the Linux
kernel code base) that you could use.

But, you have not stated exactly what you want to do and what you have tried
to do that failed.

Let's start over then with some more general questions that you can use to
let us know what you are trying to accomplish here:

What specific type of device driver are you trying to write?
What type of hardware is it for?
What type of interface to userspace do you think you might want for this?
Do you have a pointer to the source code that you have written so far that
fails to create the needed userspace interface you are desiring?

thanks,

greg k-h