Yes, I did state it specifically.  I need to get several arrays of
binary data from an app (userspace) into kernelspace.  I don't really
care how it happens.  It's not tied to any particular piece of
hardware.  The data is going to be transfered to the Modem processor
(since Android is running on the App processor) and used there, but I
already have that code figured out.

That is the whole of the problem.  Then as background, I said that I
already know how to copy a device driver, as I used an LED driver as a
template and used that to interface with the app, but that it's
limited to one byte with no context.  I could make that system work if
I really had to, but there has to be a correct way to do it, and I
don't have an example of what I expect it to be, which is either using
an ioctl somehow to pass the whole set of data at once, or having the
driver have multiple attributes so that I can write the data to it in
context.

So, currently, I can use the following code from my app and it works
for a single byte:
            FileOutputStream fos = new FileOutputStream("/sys/class/
leds/myled/brightness");
            outStream = new PrintWriter(new OutputStreamWriter(fos));
            outStream.println("1");

Jonathan