On Jan 28, 4:43 pm, Tim Bird <tim.b...@am.sony.com> wrote:

> I don't know.  It depends on how the device is unlocked.
> If the phone manufacturer put the initial bootloader in ROM,
> then no.  Also, some vendors utilize signing, making
> changing the bootloader very difficult.

If you can install a modified linux kernel on it (and have the
sources, which you should if the vendor has met their obligations)
then presumably you have the necessary information to write a "later"
bootloader which would be installed in place of the linux kernel, and
potentially then load a linux kernel.

In theory.  In practice it might be quite a bit of work.