On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 11:42 AM, jon.schell <jon.sch...@kyocera.com> wrote:
> Yes, I'm sure it can't handle it.  Not a PWM, doing something like:
> Turn on for 3 ms, turn off for 5ms, turn on for 1 ms, turn off for 1
> ms, turn on for 2 ms, turn off for 8 ms, etc. for any arbitrary
> pattern you want to do.

That type of pattern is easy to do from userspace, please do it that
way and not from within the kernel, that's not the proper place to do
it.

> I'm not breaking anything with userspace as it's not a device anyone
> will/can access except for my app.

You are creating a user/kernel API which is important to get correct.

> And it won't be released into the code base.

What do you mean by this?  All kernel code must be published when
the product is shipped.

thanks,

greg k-h