Follow these steps.

(1) Download jdk 1.6 from sun jdk archives.
locate java inside jdk and export the java-binary loaction to PATH variable.

(2) Download GingerBread which happens to be the latest mobile android stack
from

http://android.git.kernel.org/
mkdir mydroid
cd mydroid
repo init -u git://android.git.kernel.org/platform/manifest.git
repo sync

This will download GBread.

(3) cd mydroid ; make
This will build the android code.

Please revert back if you have more queries on this.

enjoy!!! Android stack is best in many dimensions, code quality, tools etc