Hey man,

So I tried for awhile to compile the custom kernel on ubuntu... 9.04? And
here's what I've come up with so far. if you do a checkout of
http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=kernel/common.git;a=summary and you
checkout either goldfish branch (both are archived) then what you can do is
do a make goldfishdef_config, make -j2. I have a website that explains it
well, and I'll respond with that website when I use my laptop (that's where
it is bookmarked). Also there are a bunch of flags you need to set... damn,
alright I'll just fetch my laptop and link you that website, but here's the
main thing I learned. goldfish branches are ridiculously easy to get to
compile. other branches are a bit tougher.

However, if you want to just customize the kernel then launch it, it may be
easier to work from the goldfish branches. I imagine that you can use these
as a base, then when you need to move to a newer branch just figure out how
to compile those and it's a simple migration of your code. I'll send another
email in about 20 min. good luck!

-Aldrin

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 9:26 PM, Soumen Debnath <soumendebnath....@gmail.com