Try 'adb dmesg' to grab your recent kernel messages, or open an adb
shell and do much of what you can on a normal linux.

It is possible to build native command line tools, adb push them, and
execute them but it will require some (a)buse of the ndk toolchain and
pushing them to a location where the files will have execute
permission on a file system that does not have execution masked.  The
sdcard probably will not work, unless you have a unix-like filesystem
inside of it.