Hi Thanks for your reply.

I have created another version of i2cdetect and pushed them onto the
/system/bin directory. The file has the correct permissions but does not run
without errors. The SD card I am using also has an ext3 filesystem on. But I
can't change the file permissions once i put the exe files on it. So some
internal issue with using the SD card on this device.

As you may have noticed from my original post, I have been looking to do
kernel debug using kgdb/kdb. I can do this debug on my other platforms that
are all setup for kernel debug since they have a serial console and other
connectors to monitor the target with jtag etc. But this device is just a
phone with jtag disabled and SD card disabled too. So the company has made
it very difficult.

Do you do any kernel development on phone devices without any development
platform? If so how?

/mpd