I am currently working on a few device drivers which require low
latency interrupt handling.  This driver needs to communicate via I2C
with the chip after the chip hits the IRQ line, and needs to complete
its work in less than 10 ms.  I am using a Beagleboard (OMAP 3530)
running Rowboat Android to develop these drivers.   The problem that I
see here is that the interrupt handler (allocated with
request_threaded_irq()) is running almost 20 ms after the interrupt.
When I try to run the I2C commands to communicate with the chip within
the hard IRQ function, it obviously complains/panics.

Is there a faster way of handling the IRQ which will allow me to fetch
data from the chip within my time constraints?

Thank you for your help

Rob