hi all experts.
I am trying to port a sensor driver (implemented as a misc device) to
our platform.
The IP provider told us that Linux kernel patch 96412 (https://
patchwork.kernel.org/patch/96412/) must to be included,
and what this patch does is "pass miscdevice pointer via file private
data" in misc_open function (drivers/char/misc.c)

After I assign this patch to our kernel code, I found a problem of
pmem in open function.
in pmem_open function of the file drivers/misc/pmem.c, non-null
pointed of file->private_data is checked

if (file->private_data != NULL)
    return -1;

depends on what the patch 96412 does, above code will always return
-1.

I found that these codes also exist on Android Open Source Project.
I am wondering if this is a known issue or I have some
misunderstanding of misc driver and pmem behavior??