On 08/24/2011 10:54 AM, NilesH Somani wrote:
> Thank u sir
> So basically the init process slow downs the android boot up time..
I would word it differently.  The part of the boot where 'init' is
running is usually the longest part.

> Recently i came accross a link which showed the booting of android that
> is the display of the home screen in 1 sec..
>
> http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/Ubiquitous-QuickBoot/?kc=LNXDEVNL032410

This is using the "snapshot boot" approach, which is one way
to address the problem.  It's basically a specialized un-hibernate,
which bypasses many tasks normally done during a cold boot.

It's not the same as optimizing the boot-time processing, and
has both pros and cons.  (e.g. one drawback is a fairly large
reserved space in flash for the snapshotted system image).
 -- Tim