I agree about the memory problems in flash.

But next generation smartphones will be having SSD's.. Not much restriction
on number of writes plus access time.
and samsung and toshiba have already started with the release.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/Toshiba-Reveals-128GB-Smartphone-Flash-Memory

and even with better compression techniques like lzma that compresses 33%
more than that of gzip.
and with processor's like snapdragon and hummingbird (both 1GHZ now and will
be more powerful in future) that can uncompress the images faster than ever
shouldn't the focuss must be given here. Its just an opinion.

As u mentioned previously and i even went through your presentation at
LinuxCon North America, August 2010 that said more boot time is consumed in
user space portion of boot.
But i suppose even if we do optimize some start up services or package
scanning or network initialization delays.. In future there are going to be
more packages no doubt.. and there might be a case where u cant optimize it
further and still the boot time is more.

So shouldn't we try what these *Ubiquitous QuickBoot did and make it
opensource as Quickboot is not*