I think the modified file of your init.rc, is overwritten by build script
and the changes are missed out in final image. Better way would be apply the
changes to init.rc file at below location.
system/core/rootdir/init.rc

You can try like, pull the init.rc file from the file-system apply
the changes and push again.

Regards
Venkata