Kind of resolved - I tried it over adb and it was working
successfully.
But I am not still satisfied, want to understand how stuff works.

Firstly:
I connected the device using ADB and executed
echo 1 > /sys/class/leds/keyboard-backlight/brightness

I was abel to see the Leds glow and doing the needful. Is it that that
ADB runs as system due to which it is able to do it???

Is there any documentation available which specifies about how
permission are set by Android Linux. Please let me know details and
links.

Thanks,
ARVR.