chown system system /sys/class/leds/green/brightness
and
chmod 0664 /sys/class/leds/green/brightness

in your init.rc
On 2011年11月14日 21:47, arvr wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to access leds from command line (through the terminal),
but I am getting "Permission Denied" error and am struck on similar
issues.Can you please help me to understand what's wrong.

Environment:
a. OMAP 4430 Panda board
b. Linux 2.6.36 and Android GB 2.3.3
c. I have integrated the leds and it is visible to me as "/sys/class/
leds/green/"&  "/sys/class/leds/keyboard-backlight".

When I perform,
echo 1>  /sys/class/leds/green/brightness
or
echo 1>  /sys/class/leds/keyboard-backlight/brightness

kernel tells me "Permission Denied". I use the regular init.rc file as
given in the OMAPPedia website, with the changes done by commenting
the line "#mount rootfs rootfs / rw remount" etc.

Similar to this, I am executing the "yavta" tool (https://
www.gitorious.org/omap4-v4l2-camera/yavta) and that too is not
executing the command, kernel reports me that no such file or folder
is present. The tool is copied in the same folder and I run it as
yavta -h

What could be reasons? Please help me out.
Thanks,
ARVR.