I'm relatively new to linux kernels and all of the black magic that
goes into building and compiling. But I have a question about the
touchscreen module in the android kernel. I am wondering if it
supports a USB touchscreen like the Acer T231H.

The standard linux kernel, since version 2.6.34, supports this monitor
in an xorg module. I want to know if this module is used in the
android kernel or was that stripped out and replaced with another
module for android touch devices?This thread talks about how to get it
working in ubuntu: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1375047.

Since I am new to this and have no idea what I'm talking about, any
help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.