You understand that the telephony stuff is mostly non Android right?

There's a high level interface to it, but the actual android code just
hooks up to telephony stuff, can't control low level details of it.
(If I am wrong on this point I'd be open to seeing the low level
telephony source in the Android tree..)

kris