I have been working with a linux kernel 2.6.29 and I now have
implemented the suspend/resume for my machine based on PXA310.

So I can put Android into suspend by typing 'echo mem > /sys/power/
state', so I can wakeup the machine from suspend by a trigger (i.e.
hardware on-off button) and Android wakes up for some seconds and goes
again back to suspend, showing these messages over the serial port:

wakeup wake lock: mmc_delayed_work
wake_lock: mmc_delayed_work, type 0

wake_lock: mmc_delayed_work, type 0, timeout 0.500
wake_lock: mmc_delayed_work, start expire timer, 64
suspend: exit suspend, ret = 0 (2000-01-01 00:01:52.743408205 UTC)
expire_wake_locks: start
wake lock mmc_delayed_work, expired
expired wake lock mmc_delayed_work

expire_wake_locks: done, has_lock 0
suspend: enter suspend
PM: Syncing filesystems ... done.
Freezing user space processes ... (elapsed 0.00 seconds) done.
Freezing remaining freezable tasks ... (elapsed 0.00 seconds) done.
Suspending console(s) (use no_console_suspend to debug)

anyone knows why??

if I am able to type 'echo on > /sys/power/state' over the serial port
just one second after the device resumes from suspend, then the
ANDROID wakes and stays on and it doesn't get back to suspend.

Why?

help me, help me....!!!!

Marco