there is a time out wake lock (1 sec) that gets grabbed at the end of
the pm_suspend code path path (I think).  (you'll have to look in your
specific kernel version for it)

Someone needs to grab a wake lock in user mode or echo on before that
wake lock times out or you go back to sleep.

This is by design.  (and it has been oh-so-much-fun to discuss on
linux-pm in the past)

User mode should be grabbing a wake lock under this implementation to
hold off subsequent sleeps.

--mark

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 2:40 PM, Ventanas <guerreromarc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have been working with a linux kernel 2.6.29 and I now have
> implemented the suspend/resume for my machine based on PXA310.
>
> So I can put Android into suspend by typing 'echo mem > /sys/power/
> state', so I can wakeup the machine from suspend by a trigger (i.e.
> hardware on-off button) and Android wakes up for some seconds and goes
> again back to suspend, showing these messages over the serial port:
>
> wakeup wake lock: mmc_delayed_work
> wake_lock: mmc_delayed_work, type 0
>
> wake_lock: mmc_delayed_work, type 0, timeout 0.500
> wake_lock: mmc_delayed_work, start expire timer, 64
> suspend: exit suspend, ret = 0 (2000-01-01 00:01:52.743408205 UTC)
> expire_wake_locks: start
> wake lock mmc_delayed_work, expired
> expired wake lock mmc_delayed_work
>
> expire_wake_locks: done, has_lock 0
> suspend: enter suspend
> PM: Syncing filesystems ... done.
> Freezing user space processes ... (elapsed 0.00 seconds) done.
> Freezing remaining freezable tasks ... (elapsed 0.00 seconds) done.
> Suspending console(s) (use no_console_suspend to debug)
>
> anyone knows why??
>
> if I am able to type 'echo on > /sys/power/state' over the serial port
> just one second after the device resumes from suspend, then the
> ANDROID wakes and stays on and it doesn't get back to suspend.
>
> Why?
>
> help me, help me....!!!!
>
> Marco

create interesting things.