Hello folks,

long story short, we are having troubles with the 16 bit color mode
which the android emulator seems to use - what we need is 24 bit /
true color support.

Judging from the visual output and a 32-bit vnc connection to qemu
(which spits out 16-bit frames), it seems like the "hw.lcd.depth=32"
flag does not enable true colors in the android goldfish kernel.

However, the qemu side of goldfish seems to support
HAL_PIXEL_FORMAT_RGBA_8888 [1].

Before digging into the kernel source, I would be very gladful for any
hints or explanations.

Does the android goldfish kernel support frame-buffers with
HAL_PIXEL_FORMAT_RGBA_8888? Is there a flag to enable this?

Cheers
Erik

[1]
https://github.com/android/platform_external_qemu/blob/master/hw/goldfish_fb.c