Hello to all!

Using Android 4.0.3, kernel version 3.0.8.

Configured Android keyboard with three layouts. The software keyboard works
great: I get language icon on the bar, which allows to change layouts.

When I attach an USB keyboard, the software keyboard is hidden, but the
language icon still appears, so I still can select a layout. However, with
a physical keyboard, changing a layout doesn't have any effect, and I get
same set of characters, no matter which layout is selected.

All the threads about customizing an USB keyboard, I could find, either
discuss a particular layout (without a way to switch it), or refer to a
third party application to allow multiple layouts. However, I believe,
Android is intelligent enough to provide its own solution to that!

Cheers and thanks
M-