Hi,

We were trying to figure out the network throughput on eth0 using iperf to
send data over Ethernet.
We are using ICS 4.0.4 with kernel 3.0.8 on Pandaboard. Eth0 gives very bad
throughput in fact it almost does not work.

One strange thing we noticed is that when we keep the display (connected to
pandaboard) busy (eg. keep moving mouse or have GIF in browser), then the
throughput suddenly improves a lot. Infact it seems that the networking
over eth0 starts working. Same was the result when I run a script in the
background which just does "ls" in a loop after every 1ms interval.

Only conclusion, I could draw was that CPU goes idle in ICS and thus the
throughput suffers.
I searched and found out that WFI (wait for interrupt) when enabled makes
CPU goes idle until given an interrupt.
I tried to disable it by adding "nohlt" in kernel boot args, but the
throughput din't improve.

Is there something more we can do prevent CPU from going idle?

BR
Sagar