After I clone the kernel codes, there are multi branches for mako.
  remotes/origin/android-msm-2.6.35
  remotes/origin/android-msm-3.9-usb-and-mmc-hacks
  remotes/origin/android-msm-flo-3.4-jb-mr2
  remotes/origin/android-msm-mako-3.4-jb-mr1
  remotes/origin/android-msm-mako-3.4-jb-mr1-fr
  remotes/origin/android-msm-mako-3.4-jb-mr1-kgsl
  remotes/origin/android-msm-mako-3.4-jb-mr1.1
  remotes/origin/android-msm-mako-3.4-jb-mr2
  remotes/origin/android-msm-sony-cm-jb-3.0
I have try mr2 and mr1.1. I unpackbootimg the original one and replace the
zImage with modified binary kernel and mkbootimg again. But the device
cannot be boot again.
Does anyone know which version I should use for Nexus 4 and what is the
right process to change the kernel? My jelly bean version is JDQ39
android-4.2.2_r1.
Thanks