Hi everyone,

I'm trying to initialize on Android Kernel and my first aim is to build and
install a Kernel from a source.

I have a LG P990 with CM 10.1 and the Kowalsky Kernel made by pengus77
(kowalski-kernel-100p5-oldbl). I'm trying to build it's source from
https://github.com/pengus77/lge-kernel-star. The build was done without
errors, however when I updated my phone, it freezes at boot time.

This is what I have done to build and install the Kernel:

(I used a VM with Ubuntu 12.04 64bits)

1: Download the source code from GitHub
https://github.com/pengus77/lge-kernel-star;
2: Download the Linaro Android Toolchain from
http://releases.linaro.org/12.07/components/android/toolchain/4.6;
3: Place the source code and Linaro in ~/android/;
4: Go to root directory of source code cd ~/android/lge-kernel-star-jb-412/;
5: Export variables to make a cross-compilation:
export PATH=$HOME/android/android-toolchain-eabi/bin:$PATH
export ARCH=arm
export CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-androideabi-
export KERNEL_DIR=`pwd`
6: Create .config with my phone configurations:
adb pull /proc/config.gz
gzip -dc config.gz > .config
7: Build the Kernel:
make -j1

Once I don't get any errors on building, I tryed to make a zip to update
the Kernel. To do that, I simply unziped the
kowalski-kernel-100p5-oldbl.zip from http://goo.gl/fzv1v, and replaced the
zImage (arch/arm/boot/zImage) and the modules that I have in "/mod" after
run (cp `find ./ | grep .ko$` mod/). Then, I zip it again, and push it to
sdcard.
I installed the new zip with CWM Recovery and no erros, but as i said
before, the phone freezes at boot.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Any hint would be great.

Ps: I don't changed anything on the source code. I'm just trying to compile
it for now.

Best Regards,
coiso22