I think, problem is that framebuffer impl from your vendor draws logo on
screen when framebuffer is initzialized, you should inspect in
/drivers//video/*/*.c your framebuffer source code and check, if there is
some method which is drawing logo into screen. For example, in my galaxys
kernel(https://github.com/havlenapetr/android_kernel_samsung) in s3cfb.c (
https://github.com/havlenapetr/android_kernel_samsung/blob/android-samsung-3.0.31/drivers/video/samsung/s3cfb.c)

is method s3cfb_draw_logo, but this isn't active, when you specifi
CONFIG_FRAMEBUFFER_CONSOLE
define

Dne středa, 11. prosince 2013 20:52:42 UTC+1 coiso22 napsal(a):

> Hello petter,
>
> Thanks a lot for your response. Unfortunately, after doing that, when the
> phone boots only the LG logo appears.
>
> I did a "make nconfig" and select the options that are in the link
> provided by you, in order to enable fbcon. Since my .config have
> CONFIG_CMDLINE="" I changed it to CONFIG_CMDLINE="console=tty0". Build
> again the kernel, but the framebuffer console is not showed, only the LG
> icon.
>
> I don't have a serial cable, so I can't try the second option.
> My .config file is attached if you want to see it. Again, any hint would
> be great.
>

> Quarta-feira, 11 de Dezembro de 2013 7:52:37 UTC, petter escreveu:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> change cmdline for your kernel to enable printing log into framebuffer.
>> For example, if you have in your config
>> "CONFIG_CMDLINE="console=ttyFIQ0,115200
>> init=/init" to "CONFIG_CMDLINE="console=tty0,115200 init=/init" and if
>> framebuffer will be inityialiyed properly you should see logs on screen
>> when phone will be booting. Here is info about that"
>> http://blackfin.uclinux.org/doku.php?id=linux-kernel:drivers:fbcon.
>> Kernel supports printing log into serial line too, so if you have serial
>> cable, you can use this without framebuffer console.
>>
>> Dne úterý, 10. prosince 2013 18:29:40 UTC+1 coiso22 napsal(a):
>>>
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> I'm trying to initialize on Android Kernel and my first aim is to build
>>> and install a Kernel from a source.
>>>
>>> I have a LG P990 with CM 10.1 and the Kowalsky Kernel made by pengus77
>>> (kowalski-kernel-100p5-oldbl). I'm trying to build it's source from
>>> https://github.com/pengus77/lge-kernel-star. The build was done without
>>> errors, however when I updated my phone, it freezes at boot time.
>>>
>>> This is what I have done to build and install the Kernel:
>>>
>>> (I used a VM with Ubuntu 12.04 64bits)
>>>
>>> 1: Download the source code from GitHub
>>> https://github.com/pengus77/lge-kernel-star;
>>> 2: Download the Linaro Android Toolchain from
>>> http://releases.linaro.org/12.07/components/android/toolchain/4.6;
>>> 3: Place the source code and Linaro in ~/android/;