On 12/3/08, Peter McDermott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Mohan,
> Did you reformat your mmc as ext3?

Yes.

The text files contain some instructions about how to do this as well as
> some notes about what we had to change in the user space.  I was able to
> download them at
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=246840&package_id=301200.
>   Did you try pressing the 'Direct Link?'  That's sometimes useful if the
> downloads don't begin automatically.

Direct Link works, Thanks.

As far as what works and what doesn't, it can basically boot to the main
> menu and the touchscreen and keypad work.  That being said, the keypad
> doesn't work that well due to keymapping issues.  It's very
> proof-of-concept.

I feel that the issue is with the corrupt file system. At least, this used
to happen before with the old version of Android. Whenever Maemo boots, it
would never mount the filesystem on the external card (it used to be ext2).
So, i would attach to a linux PC, fsck and then mount to start android. I
suspect somehow that during the boot process, it thinks that the ext3
filesystem is corrupt. At least, maemo thinks so if i copy the userspace and
just boot maemo, it does not like the filesystem. Perhaps, it is trying to
mount as "vfat" and hence could be a completely different problem.

-thanks
mohan

Good luck!