Dear droids,
                    I could get a 2.6.27 kernel ported to omap2430 based
board along with android changes.  Also compiled android using  armv6
toolchain and could tazer it up successfully on the machine.
I faced issues on the touch side of the device. Hacked ads7864.c
according to
inputs from Maxime, the READ_X and READ_Y calls had to be swapped.

Added sean mcneals tslib Inputdevice integration patch's and calibrated
using tslib and generated a pointercal that works perfectly with X11 .

Rebuild android after the changes and populated the resulting root
filesystem. Copied the the same pointercal to system/etc and got android
up with a working touch.

Video and steps used to get a  working device @ www.bandwidthcrunch.com

Keep up the good work !

regards,