I was happy too early. The emulator built from source still can not
work : the mobile screen keeps black and "adb shell" said "error:
device not found".
Here is my configuration for make:
=====================================
TARGET_PRODUCT=generic
TARGET_SIMULATOR=false
TARGET_BUILD_TYPE=release
TARGET_ARCH=arm
TARGET_OS=linux
HOST_ARCH=x86
HOST_OS=linux
HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release
BUILD_ID=TC3
======================================

And there is a strange thing for me:
I modified the video player in the api demo, then ran "make". Under
out/target/product/generic,  I saw both "system.img" and
"userdata.img"
are updated. Then I run the emulator from the downloaded SDK, which
can bootup successfully. I did not copy the 3 images I built to SDK
"tools/lib/images".  I found
1. it uses the "userdata.img" I built
    because my changes to the api demo make effect. I also use "adb
shell" to check the "data/app" and "data/dalvik-cache" of the device,
I saw both  "ApiDemos.apk" and  "d...@app@apidemos....@classes.dex"
are updated.

2. but does not use the "system.img" I built, but still use the one
with the SDK.
    I check "system/lib" on the device and saw some shared libraries'
name are for the emulator (libpv*.so), not as the one under "/system/
lib" built from the source (libopencore*.so).

I wonder Is there any difference between the emulator from the SDK and
that built from source? So the system image are not switchable?
I saw there is a file "kernel-qemu" from the SDK, but no such a file
built out from the source.

Is it enough only type "emulator" to run the emulator built from
source?

Thanks
Jasperr