Did you have any success in doing that? I configured the kernel for
Geode GX1 and compiled it, but then I struggled with old problems to
run the live image from  an external USB harddisk, since my
touchscreen PC doesn't know booting from USB memory stick yet. The
kernel contained in the default build is configured for i686 which is
about two generations to high for the Geode GX1..

By the way: thanks to Brock Tice for allowing me to copy/post his
article on androidx86.org