Hello David,

In the networking world sockets are used locally as IPCs to enable
applications to communicate locally or over the network as
configured.   Many people assume that whether IPC communication
happens locally or remotely is and should be a configuration choice.
With cellphones having more power and storage then 1990's mainframes,
optimizing local IPC communication doesn't seem like a necessity for a
client device at the expense of compatibility.  Cell phones are
replaced approximately every 9 months so if you look 2 product cycles
out an average consumer cellphone will have immense power.  (Sorry for
the rant, I'm sure you guys have your reasons but please don't break
existing things unless absolutely no other choice exists).

If we compile the Binder into a standard stock Linux image (Ubuntu,
Debian, etc..) and port Dalvik then the rest of the changes don't seem
major.  This would immediately enable all sorts of things that are
missing from the Android OS kernel including drivers and apt-get...

Isn't this a faster route then modifying the android kernel to support
stock linux functionality?

Kind Regards,

Vince